"Only in silence the word,
only in dark the light,
only in dying life:
bright the hawk's flight on the empty sky."
-The Creation of Ea

2/18/12

The Storm


  A few days ago I told Ogion about my decision to sail to the Roke Island. It was very convenient to live as a student of Ogion, but still, some inner force pushed me to the far lands and adventures. Ogion took me down to the Great Port of Gont, where everyone honored Ogion for stopping an earthquake years ago. He also bade farewell to me and gave me the writing to the Warden of the School on RokeI got on the ship called Shadow. That was my first time off the island, but fortunately it was not hard for me, because I quickly learned sailing from the sailors
  During our journey a great storm unleashed. The ship's crew in which I found myself could see nothing in the dark. Even the rain was very disturbing and captain stated that, unfortunately, we must sail in another direction. I could not let this happen! I went to look for any light. And there it was! It finally appeared! Fortunately we could change the course and now we are sailing to the island of Roke.


Picture from:
1.http://www.voc.iinet.net.au/vergulde.html



No comments:

Post a Comment