"Only in silence the word,
only in dark the light,
only in dying life:
bright the hawk's flight on the empty sky."
-The Creation of Ea

2/22/12

Festival of The Sun Return


   Today when I woke up at dawn, I saw that the rain had ceased and I discovered a little sleepy otak in folds of my cloak, which curled up to stay warm.  I wondered about this animal because it was rare and lived only on a few southern isles of the Archipelago. Although it looks cute, it has cruel teeth and a fierce temper.  When I was stroking the otak, it woke up, not being afraid of me. I called him Hoeg because it is it's true name in the Old Speech. I put him on my shoulder and since then we traveled like this together. 
  I was fasting because in today's night we celebrate the Festival of The Sun Return. Finally I saw the Great House, and entered it. It was like returning to my own home for me because I was welcomed by my Masters and companions in the firelight hall. I was happy at the sight of Vetch, who I have not seen throughout the year. We talked together about many different topics and I felt how much I missed him! Of course, Jasper had to partially destroy my well-being by his irritating comments, but despite this I still tried to spend a nice and cheerful time.
 This night the Lord of O is a guest of the school - a renown sorcerer and old Archmage pupil. He also came with a beautiful woman, who filled young people eyes with delight. She did not do such an impression on me as on others - I found her to be a simple woman. But Vetch even compared her to the elven princess Elfarran, a woman of the old legend, who was so beautiful that she caused the wars for her, so I tried to look at her in another way. After we finished singing the songs, suddenly Jasper came to our guests and showed them very impressing illusion. Even the Lady of O wanted him to live with them in the O-tokne. He pleased everyone, except of me. Now I join them only in my voice but not with my heart. Inside, I only feel  jealous and bitter envy. Wait till I show him who's better! 



Picture from:  http://inae.deviantart.com/art/spring-64080238?q=boost%3Apopular%20spring&qo=170

No comments:

Post a Comment