"Only in silence the word,
only in dark the light,
only in dying life:
bright the hawk's flight on the empty sky."
-The Creation of Ea

2/13/12

Discovering the World Anew





  I thought that the new master would teach me a huge amount of things and that I would enter at once into the mystery and mastery of power. But it didn't happened. Ogion was very silent, calm and mild man. We were walking just ahead and he showed me plants and ordered to learn patience and humility for example by lodging in little villages or spending the night out in the wilderness, like some tinkers, or beggars, or poor journeyman-sorcerers. I started becoming more impatient because I wanted as soon as possible to be a great magician, but I tried to be obedient and to listen what he had said. Finally we came to Re Albi, Ogion's home. All the winter I taught to read and write ancient runes needed to create magic. As now the spring came on, Ogion often sent me to gather herbs on the meadows above Re Albi. I really like it because he told me that I can take as long as I like about it, giving me freedom and choices how to spent all day. But, of course, I do not forget about the tasks entrusted to me.

Picture from:
1.http://dsavin.deviantart.com/art/Mountain-Meadow-134790749?q=boost%3Apopular%20meadow%20mountain&qo=7

No comments:

Post a Comment