"Only in silence the word,
only in dark the light,
only in dying life:
bright the hawk's flight on the empty sky."
-The Creation of Ea

2/21/12

Months of learning


  I wanted to fulfill the words of Ogion that I would be the greatest wizard of Gont, so I focused all my strong will on the lessons, the work and everything taught by the grey-cloaked Masters of Roke, called the Nine. I have learned many valuable things and gathered some useful information. For example, The Master Hand, who taught us tricks, illusions and the lesser arts of Changing that I really wanted to know, gave me a long speech whose idea was that in order to change a thing, you have to change its true name which can result in violating the world balance, so you have to act carefully and wisely because it is dangerous. I was lucky because I quickly assimilated the knowledge and within a month I became better than the lads who had been in Roke a year before me. I was doing particularly well with the tricks of illusion and I felt as if I was born with it. 
 One day I met Jasper, who, despite speaking to me in a way that seemed more friendly was, in fact, scoffing me. Again he began to beat me with words in his mocking manner, so I swore to myself to outdo him in a test of power. I really want to prove myself and humiliate my rival because I can not stand his hateful behavior. But I know that I am not yet a worthy opponent for Jasper, so I keep increasing my knowledge and go on as usual. I spent the final months playing nicely and laughing, but in the autumn we once again returned to our tasks, practising new magic. And so my first months on the Roke Island went quickly , full of magic and experiences.


Picture from:
1. http://tsabo6.deviantart.com/art/Magic-Scrolls-180341412?q=boost%3Apopular%20magic%20book&qo=2

No comments:

Post a Comment