"Only in silence the word,
only in dark the light,
only in dying life:
bright the hawk's flight on the empty sky."
-The Creation of Ea

2/18/12

The Shadow




  One day when I was going to pick up the flower called white hallow on a meadow between two streams, I met, curious about magic, daughter of the village ruler, the old Lord of Re Albi, who asked me if I can summon the spirits of the dead. I replied that if I wanted, I could do this, but I was not so sure. It seemed to me, however, that she mocks me. She also asked whether I could change into something else, and when I hesitated, she said that apparently I am still too young. Since then, I was looking in the books of my master spells that would allow me to change my shape, but instead of it I found a spell mentioning the dead. When I read them aloud, room was terribly cold and I was seized by fear. I saw that in the door appeared a shapeless shadow that glided toward me. Suddenly Ogion appeared with the light from his rod and shadow disappeared.  It was a very frightening experience. Ogion taught me that every spell is either good or evil, and you need to know it, before it is cast. Now he gave me two options: either I would go to the Roke Island, where all high arts are taught or stay with him in Re Albi. It is very hard decision for me. But I feel that my desire should won and I am going to tell it to him right now...


Picture from:
1.http://humarashid.com/2010/08/12/business-casual-superstar-273-the-girl-in-the-white-dress/








No comments:

Post a Comment