"Only in silence the word,
only in dark the light,
only in dying life:
bright the hawk's flight on the empty sky."
-The Creation of Ea

2/7/12

Rise



   I was born in a small village called Ten Alders, on the Island of Gont, high on the mountain on the top of the Northward Vale. My mother gave me the name Duny, but it was all she could do for me because she died before I was one year old. I have six brothers but they are all many years older than me and went home one by one to cultivate the land, sail through the seas or work as a smith in diffrent towns of the Northward Vale. My father is a bronze-smith of the village. He is not this an enthusiastic type of man but he is my father and I love him. Once I became stronger I started working with him but  there was not much work I could actually do. He used to repaid my work in blows and whippings. I felt that smithing is not what I really wanted to do. I prefer roaming deeply in the forest, swimming in the quick and cold pools of the Ar River, or climbing the cliffs and reaching the heights above the forest, from which I could see the sea where no islands are.
  So this is what I mostly wanted to tell you about my life. Since now I will be writing this blog 
about my experiences and feelings. I hope that someday I will uncover those distant lands and seas of which I have heard so much ...






No comments:

Post a Comment